Jetico BCWipe Total WipeOut v2.20 | 7.2 Mb
BCWipe Total WipeOut utility (formerly known as BCWipePD) is designed for high-security environments – such as government agencies, banks and large corporations -- where there is a need to safely eliminate all contents of hard drives before computers are retired or removed from the premises.
BCWipe Total WipeOut is a powerful software utility designed to quickly and efficiently wipe disks on large number of computers without wasting time to actually install the program on every computer.Wiping a whole hard drive (or all hard drives) on the computer with BCWipe Total WipeOut is a simple procedure: you boot the computer using BCWipe Total WipeOut bootable CD and confirm wiping. It is also possible to run BCWipe Total WipeOut with command-line parameters.
The BCWipe Total WipeOut software utility destroys contents of whole hard drives, including partition tables, boot records, filesystem structures, operating system files and user files. It includes the following important features:
* Wiping procedure can be run on any hardware platform with x386 and 64-bit AMD/Intel architecture, regardless of operating system installed on the computer.
* BCWipe Total WipeOut can wipe all hard drives on the computer including the one where operating system is installed.
* Contents of hard drives are wiped regardless of filesystem used to format the drives (FAT, NTFS, HPFS or other).
* BCWipe Total WipeOut can wipe IDE, SATA, SCSI hard drives, removable disk devices (for example, USB hard drives, flash memory).
* The utility allows the user to customize wiping scheme according to U.S. Department of Defense recommendations to destroy data (DoD 5220.22-M) or according to Peter Gutmann 35-pass wiping scheme, or use your own customized wiping scheme.
* BCWipe Total WipeOut is designed to provide a high performance of shredding data. On modern hard drives performance of 1-pass wiping can be 30-60 MBytes/sec and more. So 7-pass U.S. DoD wiping performance will be 4-8 MBytes/sec.
* BCWipe Total WipeOut can wipe several hard drives in parallel. Thus feature significantly improves the overall performance of wiping multiple hard drives simultaneously, especially if they are connected to different controllers on the motherboard.
* BCWipe Total WipeOut recognizes and can wipe Host Protected Area (HPA) on hard drives.
* BCWipe Total WipeOut can identify the number of sectors hidden by the Device Configuration Overlay (DCO) function (present since ATA-6 standard) and can wipe the DCO hidden sectors.
* BCWipe Total WipeOut can write wiping results to a floppy or USB removable drive.
Using BCWipe Total WipeOut
BCWipe Total WipeOut is distributed as a self-extracted installation program that can be run on computers with Windows operating systems.
When you create a BCWipe Total WipeOut bootable CD, it can run on any computer with an x386 hardware platform and running any operating system already installed on the computer. BCWipe Total WipeOut wiping functions can be run automatically or manually on the computer.
Please keep in mind that computers may freeze after seeing an "Uncompressing Linux..." message because Linux kernel conflicts with ACPI on some hardware configurations. Try to disable ACPI in BIOS, then boot with BCWipe Total WipeOut CD again.
BCWipe Total WipeOut ISO Configuration Wizard
BCWipe Total WipeOut includes ISO Configuration Wizard program for preparing ISO image of bootable CD with BCWipe Total WipeOut wiping utility.
BCWipe Total WipeOut ISO Configuration Wizard program runs on computers with Windows operating system. The program helps to create a bootable CD used to wipe hard drives according to your requirements.