Friday, August 21, 2009

Do you get a "boyfriend layer"?

Over the past month I've put on about five pounds. It's not so significant that I'm upset about it, but there's definitely some extra flesh around my middle, and thanks to Lauren Conrad I've finally figured out why. She too claims she's got a little soft at the beginning of her new relationship. “We were having more romantic dinners out, and I was exercising less,” Says Conrad. “I call it the ‘boyfriend layer'." Wow, that's a good call! While I'm a year and a half into my relationship, I did just move out of the apartment I shared with two roommates and into my own one-bedroom. Now my boyfriend stays over a lot more, and we've been cooking big meals, trying out the amazing restaurants in my new neighborhood, and cuddling up on the couch with pints of Ben & Jerry's. I love spending time with him, but I have sacrificed my work out time for additional boyfriend time. The extra love has given me love handles! Yikes!
Getty Images


Conrad says she likes taking her man to the gym with her so she doesn't have to sacrifice her 1-on-1 time. “I just ask Kyle, ‘You feel like working out?’ It’s more fun than hitting the gym alone,” says Lauren. “We like doing outdoor stuff: tennis, bike riding, kayaking, stand-up surfing, hiking in the canyons around L.A.." Fantastic idea! I think this weekend we'll hit the beach together for some swimming and long walks under a beautiful sunset. Hey, walking is exercise, right?

Have you experienced the "boyfriend layer" phenomenon, and if so, what have you done to get rid of it? [People]

No comments:

Post a Comment